Content Marketing Executive
ABOUT THIS POSITION
As Whimsigirl’s Content Marketing Executive, you will be responsible for ideating, planning, posting, reviewing and owning content on all social platforms, including copywriting. you will support the Marketing Head in the ideation and execution of visual brand communications across all platforms of the business, ensuring complete consistency, appropriately representing Whimsigirl’s brand, aesthetic and ethos across all touchpoints. This omni-channel role will work with the Marketing Team in strategizing content direction, helping coordinate the guidelines for branded photoshoots, product launches, and community engagement projects.
GOALS & FOCUS
Create and execute a strategic content marketing strategy that focuses on valuable, relevant, and consistent content to drive brand awareness and consumer engagement.
YOUR ROLE AT WHIMSIGIRL
1. Social & Content Strategy
- This part of the role is about vision; the Content Marketing Executive will work closely with the Marketing Lead and team in developing content marketing strategy, building content calendar(s), and creating content plans to support all activations
- Work with the Marketing Lead on setting clear content goals and metrics for success that align with campaign objectives and/or larger company goals
- Create engaging, commercially-minded and story-led content
- Stay abreast of all industry developments online and strive for best in class content for the Whimsigirl channels.
- Manage community engagement activities like surveys, giveaways, polls, etc. and responsibly respond to customer needs while reporting community response to improve future content.
2. Creative Direction
- Create engaging, commercially-minded and story-led content, as directed by the Marketing Lead.
- Supports the creative development and visual execution of campaigns, working closely with the team to generate ideas that successfully engage customers across all channels of the business.
- Assists Chief Creative Officer & Marketing Lead on all stills and moving image photoshoots, representing the brand proudly at all times.
- Produces unique, creative and on-brand behind-the-scenes social stills and video content from all shoots attended.
- Assists the Marketing Head in sourcing photographers, stylists and freelancers.
- Manages the UGC strategy – ensuring images are received and utilised as much as possible to help drive conversion (e.g. product imagery, viewing galleries).
3. Creative Imagery & Photography
- Supports Digital Designer in creating visually engaging, thoughtful and beautifully designed social assets for Instagram, Instagram Stories, Pinterest, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Post production management of shoots, both brand/editorial and product photography.
- Continually reviews image success based on customer reactions and reacts accordingly to replicate success across other touch points.
You understand the mission of Whimsigirl deeply and have a desire to build something that matters through content.
You’re a self-shooter, happy to create video content for Instagram stories, interviewing people of note for quickfire social Q&As, adept at setting up Instagram Lives; briefing talent and leading the process behind the scenes.
You’re fun, vibrant & have an outgoing personality with your own personal style.
You’re a creative and critical marketer; you can think outside the box and draw inspiration from unexpected places
You can turn concepts and ideas into real marketing assets that deliver results especially on social media
You’re a good communicator, you can outline your ideas and communicate in a clear, direct, and yet compassionate way
You’re collaborative, you go into a project with a teamwork mind set and are open to new ideas and welcome constructive feedback from others
TECHNICAL STUFF, BUT IMPORTANT
- Strong social media exposure and marketing ability across multiple platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- At least 3+ years of experience in social media and/or digital marketing
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, start-up environment with opportunities to create new processes and structures from the ground up
- Skilled at organizing, planning, and executing simultaneous projects
- Strong understanding of typography, colour, and layout.
- Creative and critical with a drive to create compelling content and storytelling
- Experience in community marketing and management, especially with an independent or start-up brand
- Proven ability in coordinating cross-functional relationships with brand marketing, digital marketing, and public relations
- Comfortable creating tools to track goals and measure progress, including presenting and communicating progress to others
- Experience with Shopify, Later and Klaviyo is a plus
- Experience working directly with external partners, vendors, and influencers is a plus
- Any illustration or animation skills are a massive plus
As a company that values inclusion, Whimsigirl seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
Interested? Click here to apply or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org