Here's a quick recipe for Pulut Kuning using a rice cooker, best enjoyed with your Raya-day Rendang!
- 300 gram Glutinous rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 1 piece of tamarind slice (asam gelugor)
- A dash of cooking oil
- 200-250 gram coconut cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 knotted pandan leaves
1. Rinse the glutinous rice and soak overnight with salt, tumeric powder and tamarind slice. Ensure the water level is an inch above the glutinous rice.
2. The following day, transfer the rice mixture into your rice cooker and add in cooking oil, sugar, salt and pandan leaves. Begin cooking rice as usual.
3. After 10 minutes, slowly add in coconut cream bit by bit while stirring. Add just enough coconut cream to make sure the rice is moist. Keep stirring until the coconut cream gets absorbed.
4. Continue cooking rice as normal following the timer.
5. You're all done!