1) Please tell us a bit about yourself, in 1/2 sentences?
I'm Rebecca Joachim a Sarawakian of Kelabit descent. Mother of two residing in Selangor.
2) Top 3 things being a stay at home mum has taught you about life.
Being able to understand the needs of each family member. Organize the house routine. Planning time for myself with my friends.
3) What superpower would you have and why?
The ability to teleport, so I could visit my family and friends all throughout the world without having a second thought.
4) You have a very special relationship with your children. What's that been like?
It's like having two best friends around, knowing at times best friends can be annoying too haha.
5) You have unbelievably healthy skin! What are your beauty tips?
For as long as I can remember I have been doing these 3 simple steps. Toner, moisturiser and sunblock.
6) What advice would you give your 21 year old self?
Live life with no regrets
7) How do you think your generation of moms is approaching style differently?
I think there's a lot of influence from our children in the way we express ourselves through fashion.
8) Your family seems to enjoy home-cooked meals and sitdown dinners! Can you share 1 hearty recipe that everyone should try?
Salt and pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 celery rib, chopped
3 large carrot, chopped
2 cups stock (chicken or beef)
3 whole cloves garlic, with skin on
One bay leaf
Pinch of thyme
2 parsnips, chopped
2 turnips, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper (add at the end to taste)
9) If you had only three things you could eat for the rest of your life what would they be?
Tom yum soup, fried fish with spicy sambal and of course rice
10) Who’s your everyday hero… and why?
My dad, because eventhough we came from a family that wasn't wealthy, he never failed to provide for all 12 of us, and to teach us the basics we needed to survive in our hometown in Bario.
Leave a comment